Sunday, May 6, 2018

Oatly Milk and Café Volan




You are in luck today! This is a two for one post.
The main purpose of this post is to talk about my love for Oatly Milk. The bonus of this post is to talk about Café Volan, which is a great little café in Asbury Park that uses/offers Oatly milk as a milk substitute. Now that I’ve peeked your dairy-free interest, lets get to it!

Oatly.

I found Oatly at my local Shop Rite in the milk aisle. I usually go for the Unsweetened Cashew Milk by Silk, and had noticed that Shop Rite was expanding their dairy-free milk options lately. They were stocking plant milks, like pea and potato milks, a variety or nut milks, and some grain milks. I spotted Oatly because of its brilliant marketing. The carton art is awesome, the text is witty, but more importantly, the ingredients are so few! Every dairy substitute is full of guar gum or xanthan gum, and some type of expeller. The ingredients in oatlay are literally: Oatmilk (water, oats), phosphate, calcium carbonate,  sea salt, riboflavin, vitamin A, vitamin D2, vitamin B12. 

Looking into the product more deeply, I found they are a Swedish company who has worked 25 years to create and mass produce this delicious Oatmilk product. Another awesome discovery I found on their website is that they have an Oatly Map! So you can find your local cafes that use Oatly. How clever! This brings us to Café Volan.

Let me preface this by saying, I am a HUGE coffee fan. Coffee aficionado. coffee connoisseur. coffee-oholic. Whatever, I love coffee. That being said, I tend to not post about cafes since, now  a days almost every café has non-dairy milk options available, so pretty much any café you go to theses days is plant friendly. Plus I could make a whole different blog about just cafes, maybe one day, but back to Café Volan.

My husband, then boyfriend, and I discovered this little café in Asbury one day while we were adventuring in Asbury. This little café has everything you’d expect in a perfect hipster coffee joint. Fresh ingredients, vegan pastries, cute foam designs, and no surprise, oatmilk as a non-dairy option. My fav drink on the menu is a simple mocha latte w/ oatmilk, but something about this mocha latte is better than any other. It’s not overly sweet, the mocha does not over power the coffee flavor, and its so smooooooooooooth. 




So there you have it. Go out and buy yourself some Oatly milk (don’t forget to shake before consuming) and when you feel like having a stroll down Cookman Ave, take a turn on Bangs and enjoy yourself some Café Volan, you wont be disappointed.

Hope this helps!
Turnip the Beet and Jam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Delectable You

"WHOOPS! HOW TO ACCIDENTALLY GO PLANT-BASED PALEO (ON PURPOSE). WITH LAUREN LOBLEY " Do I have your attention now? Well tha...