Monday, September 3, 2018

Delectable You

"WHOOPS! HOW TO ACCIDENTALLY GO PLANT-BASED PALEO (ON PURPOSE).WITH LAUREN LOBLEY"

Do I have your attention now? Well that headline, sure stole my attention. As an avid paleo-eater gone plant based, I HAD to hear what Lauren Lobley had to say. When I tuned into my weekly @partyinmyplants podcast, and found this episode with Lauren Lobley, I dove in with both feet. 
Lobley is a rockstar and inspiration to me, not just for her cooking innovations, but for her courageousness to break the mold of being labeled as "Vegan" or "Paleo". She says, I am who I am, I care about my health and the health of others, call me what you will. So she leaned into it and calls herself a Plant-Based-Paleo. This may seem simple, but if you are paleo, you can't really imagine sticking to it and not eating meat. In fact, there is a 21-Day Sugar Detox program, that is mostly paleo, which I did as a jump-start to my year, months before going plant-based. When the year was coming to an end, I emailed the Sugar Detox team and said, I am now plant based, would I still be able to follow the program and/or does the creater give meat alternatives? Their answer, "no". No? really? I couldn't really accept that. Plants are generally sugar free, beans and nuts are allowed on the program, yet the program doesn't even give a plant based option? When I found Accidental Paleo, I immediately thought, this is how you'd stay plant based and sugar free. #GetOnMyLevel
Lobley's cookbook is called the Accidental Paleo, some recipes are also found on her website. What I found and LOVE about Lobley's recipes are that they are 100% plant based. She uses ALL plants and when she uses eggs, she gives you vegan alternatives. 
She does not take the easy way out by using soy products like tempeh or tofu. She even has dairy replacements, she doesn't use vegan cheese, which can often be highly processed with fillers, she gives you No-Cheese recipes. The recipes come out tasting so FRESH.

Here's my faves so far:

Hope This Helps!
Turnip the Beet and Jam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Delectable You

"WHOOPS! HOW TO ACCIDENTALLY GO PLANT-BASED PALEO (ON PURPOSE). WITH LAUREN LOBLEY " Do I have your attention now? Well tha...