Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Fast Breaking at its Best!

Vegan Breakfast... that can really be a struggle if you are carb/grain conscious as well as vegan. 
What are the most common breakfast food readily available? 
Eggs and bacon, omelets, pancakes, waffles, bagels, muffins, must I go on? Meat, bread, and sugar. Who wants to start their day like that? You will be fatigued and ready to crawl back in bed before you even get to work. 
Sure you can find vegan recipes for protein pancakes, but the two gem's I'm about to share with you will have you consuming plants, feeling light and energetic, and ready to face your day!
Chia Seed Pudding and Apple Lemon Compote


This simple Party In My Plants: Chia Seed Pudding recipe takes just a few minutes in the evening and few minutes in the morning and you are good to go and hit the road.

My 2 favorite Chia Seed Pudding combos are Chocolate, PB, Banana or Berry Granola. Both modifications of the PIMP Recipe linked above. 

Chocolate, PB, Banana (pictured left) is chocolate chia seed pudding made over night, then in the am topped with nut butter, and sliced bananas. I have turned many a coworker to this breakfast option with the allure of PB and Chocolate 😉

Berry and Granola, is just that. Chia Seed Pudding set over night, topped with mixed berries and granola in the am. Can it get any easier!?!



My other fav go to, the Apple-Lemon Breakfast Bowl by Forks Over Knives. This recipe is really so easy. You literally combine all ingredients in a blender, blend, and enjoy. I like to blend my apple and lemon until its an apple sauce constancy. Then I like to leave my dates, cashews, and cinnamon a little chunky so the bowl is more of a chunky, chewy bowl rather than an saucy, liquidy consistency. That's just me though. And regardless of the consistency, its delicious either way.

Again, if you're like me, and you struggle with a healthy start to your day, try these two bad boys on for size.

Hope this helps,
Turnip the Beet and Jam!

1 comment:

  1. Love choco & PB! I think I'll give them a try!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Delectable You

"WHOOPS! HOW TO ACCIDENTALLY GO PLANT-BASED PALEO (ON PURPOSE). WITH LAUREN LOBLEY " Do I have your attention now? Well tha...