Friday, March 2, 2018

No meat athlete

When I first started my plant based journey, I was very active, exercising 5 days a week minimum and crossfit 3x’s a week. That said, I was very concerned about “getting enough protein”. While everything I read pointed towards that fact that we over eat protein and we really only need 10-15% of our daily nutrition to be protein, I was happy to find this blog/cookbook/podcast about plant based athletes focusing on properly fueling for a workout.

While, I really enjoyed the blogs and daily emails, the cookbook I found to be a bit too difficult. Similar to my post about Thug Kitchen Cookbook, the recipes I made were delicious, but they were not simple to make and very time consuming. If i were a newb to plant based cooking, i'd be turned off. But a BIG WIN in the cookbook is the informative spreads throughout the book. These fact sheets break down different grains, veggies, sources, oils, etc. in simple terms that are easy to understand.   

A few recipes I really did enjoy making were, Loaded Spaghetti Squash, Potato Stuffed Portabella’s, and Farro Tabbouleh. 

Additionally, the podcast is not good. I had high hopes and the guests are famous names in the plant world and athletics world, but unfortunately the host is not great. He sounds awkward and uncomfortable. While I’d still recommend  picking up the cookbook and defeinlty recommend the blog and daily emails, skip the podcast. 👎


https://www.nomeatathlete.com


I hope this helps,
Turnip the Beet and Jam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Delectable You

"WHOOPS! HOW TO ACCIDENTALLY GO PLANT-BASED PALEO (ON PURPOSE). WITH LAUREN LOBLEY " Do I have your attention now? Well tha...